Distribution Center Senior Operations Manager - Phoenix
Over 40 years, 725+ stores, and nearly 9,000 associates. Tuesday Morning is growing rapidly! Spanning across 40 states, we provide customers with upscale products at reduced prices— that’s the foundation of our strategy. Products include first quality home furnishings, housewares, décor, gifts and more!
As Tuesday Morning takes the lead in off-price retail, we want motivated, hard-working, and result-oriented people by our side. Can YOU be a part of Tuesday Morning’s growth?
We are currently seeking a Distribution Center Senior Operations Manager to join our team. The Senior Operations Manager works with the General Manager and Leadership Team to ensure stores product is processed timely and efficiently to meet level of service goals. The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for executing the daily operations and overall oversight of DC operations in partnership with the facility General Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
Management, Results and Accountability:
- Provides a hands-on approach in the organization, scheduling of personnel, and
directing of warehouse day-to-day activities to include order filling, shipping,
receiving and inventory control.
- Maintains staffing levels to support efficient operations.
- This position manages 2-4 direct exempt reports and is responsible for leadership, performance management, hiring and releasing of associates in compliance with company policy.
- Responsible for the on-boarding and training of all existing and new associates. Also, responsible for leading, mentoring, development, succession planning of all direct reports.
- Manage the daily performance and production goals of up to 100 hourly associates, and direct reports to include, but not limited to Safety, Quality, Job Knowledge, Production and Attendance.
- Sets and meets daily production goals within set budgetary requirements.
- In partnership with the General Manager, develops and manages the facility budget to
ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Responsible for facilitating the flow of merchandise from the vendor to store delivery up to 7 days per week dependent on volume and business needs while maintaining budgetary commitments.
- Responsible for mentoring and managing the development of exempt staff. Give direction and sets expectations to be met.
- Responsible for Associates Time and Attendance.
- Responsible to lead additional projects within the supply chain network as assigned.
Communication and Customer Service:
- Communicates with all levels of management and associates keeping them Informed of priorities, company goals, company initiatives and relevant departmental Information as needed.
- Communicates, effectively supports and works with the Supply Chain Transportation,
Planning and Analysis, Merchants, Store Operations, and Merchandise Allocation to flow product through the Distribution Center in the most cost efficient and productive
- Evaluates and analyzes trends to ensure operational effectiveness. Evaluates, recommends and implements process improvement changes.
- Identifies and assists in developing strategies and ROI’s for cost saving ideas and technologies in the Distribution Center.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work environment while supporting the company’s Culture.
- Responsible for fostering a healthy and safe work environment, focusing on the well- being of the Distribution Center associates.
- Maintains and strengthens internal/external customer – supplier relationships. Develops and maintains strong working relationships at all levels; Peers within Operations, Management, Human Resources, Risk Management and Corporate Associates.
- Provides a high degree of leadership and coaching to salaried direct reports, peers, as well as to hourly associates in the form of communication, issue resolution, process change, education and empowerment.
- Facilitates the planning and communication of new product initiatives, productivity initiatives, short and long term storage requirements, and loading and shipping strategies to operational teams and support.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience with Warehouse Management and Labor Management system implementations preferred, Experience with a variety of supply chain software systems, such as warehouse management systems (i.e. LINK and Manhattan WMOS) Transportation Management Systems (i.e. Oracle, etc.) or related systems desired.
- 5-7+ years of Distribution Center supervisory or management in a high volume operations, managing multiple departments. Must have worked in large Distribution Center networks with multiple locations nationally or internationally.
- Any suitable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Multi-shift distribution center experience. Some multi building experience.
- Broad range of managerial skills required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, onboarding, training and planning.
- Ability to develop effective relationships, provide leadership, integrate diverse organizations and individuals toward profitability objectives is critical.