Senior Operations Manager - What this job involves
The Senior Operations Manager manages and directs the facility operations and maintenance team at a large R&D campus. The Operations Manager will manage the team that performs preventive and predictive maintenance, repairs, minor construction projects, and operations/maintenance of mission critical facilities. This position will report to the Account Manager, and interface with the Client and tenant organization. This position is recognized as a Key Personnel position at the installation, and will lead a team of highly skilled trades who are responsible for a diverse set of facilities to include a 24/7 operations center, Class A office space, warehouse space manufacturing/assembly space.
Responsible for providing work order management support leadership, program administration and reporting, and other activities as assigned
- Leads the team that provides preventive maintenance, repairs, and predictive maintenance. This includes planning and scheduling of work
- Completes service work orders/projects
- Manages CMMS and work order management process.
- Manages complex client projects from beginning to successful completion
- Completes special projects as needed
- Manages that team that communicates with clients daily to maintain a first-class relationship using phone, email, reports, internal, client, and any required 3rd-party systems
- Ensures proper review and prioritization of open work for follow-up and attention based on age, status, or other factors; perform appropriate follow-up
- Work with internal groups (Sourcing, Operation, Category Management, Billing/Payments) to communicate customer requirements and to resolve any challenges, issues, or new opportunities
- Work with client and service provider personnel to set up systems, maintain access and usability, provide training, and coordinate any IT or other projects
- Provide requiredreporting, data, and dispatch updates for assigned units of business
- Conduct team meetings to provide updates, check-ups, and basic information sharing
- Analyze data to develop recommendations for continuous improvement of the platform
- Provide coverage in afterhours call rotation for dispatching and following up on afterhours emergencies
- Perform other duties, activities, or projects as assigned
Sound like you? To apply you need to have:
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in facility management and operations
- Bachelor Degree required w/ Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with CMMS tools required. Experience with Maximo CMMSpreferred
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) and other systems
- Demonstrates professional verbal and written communication skills