About the business unit:
IDEXX BioAnalytics provides research professionals in the biomedical, veterinary and life science fields comprehensive animal health monitoring, pathology services and veterinary clinical trialsupport, as well as microbiome and biological materials testing. With a global presence and a team of world-renowned scientists, clients can expect more. Quality that exceeds expectations, innovation that expands possibilities, and global support from IDEXX Labs—the industry leader in animal health care diagnostics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages activities for the Columbia, MO lab site, including leadership and operational efficiencies
- Manages supervisors ensuring the team is leveraging leadership best practices consistently to result in a strong employee culture. Oversees operational processes and provides recommendations for efficiency improvements and scalability. Manages escalated/critical issues. . May coordinate work of outside vendors and contractors
- Leads work activities of the labs in the Columbia site, planning and
organizing work, working with Supervisors to provide for adequate staffing and resources and maintaining work on
schedule so that ongoing customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Identifies and implements strategies and efficiencies to enhance customer experience and align with business operations.
- Communicates with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as
needed. Provides internal and/or external customer feedback and leads/participates in teams related to new or ongoing project work and other areas as needed.
- Leads process improvements based on evaluation of existing procedures and business needs. Utilizes data, metrics and system tools to ensure efficiency and to maximize customer experience. Identifies problems, obstacles and opportunities and proactively acts to address issues. Strives for continuous improvement.
- Leverages reporting technology to analyze reports and provide recommendations to senior leadership for operational improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 8+ yrs of experience leading teams, including experience leading leaders.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and direct work activities.
- Experience influencing operational outcomes, ideally in multiple industries.
- General business knowledge required, with at minimum curiosity and interest in lab environments, if not prior lab environment experience.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship-building skills required.
- Reasoning, problem solving and analytical skills to resolve issues.
- Project management skills and abilities.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Personal computer skills, including Microsoft Office.