The Operations Manager provides assistance to the Director of Operations for the day to day operations of the overall facility.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures
- Participate in the development and administration of the Operations budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Oversee the setup of events; coordinate facility arrangements with concessionaires and vendors; direct and monitor the work of contractors as needed.
- Order supplies for event cleaning needs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies
- Develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business management, or related field preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsibleexperience in facility operations management preferably with a sports facility, convention center or other multipurpose public assembly facility
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements.
- Possess a working knowledge of audio / video and information technology systems preferred
- Ability to work event nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 40 lbs, unaided.
Job ID 2018-4159