Coordinates all elements of facility operations including budgeting, purchasing, managing the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, grounds, lighting, and smoke/fire detectors. Manager will serve as facility safety chairman to maintain a safe and secure facility for the public and employees.
- Assists Director of Operations in the overall daily operation and maintenance of the facilities.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and review the work plan for all events, meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures;
- Select, train, motivate and evaluate staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and termination procedures.
- Coordinate, and review the work plan for facility maintenance and operations; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Coordinate labor hours for staff and temporary workers. Report labor allocations to Director of Finance.
- Participate in the development and administration of the Operations budget; forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary.
- Coordinate facility arrangements and monitor the work of contractors; including equipment rental and borrowing City/County equipment. Report any issues to Director of Operations immediately.
- Ensure staff is working safely, efficiently and are aware of proper safety guidelines. Conduct monthly safety meeting.
- Order supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
- Maintain hazardous materials communication program, material safety data sheets and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system; including equipment/building maintenance and inventory logs.
- Experience and working knowledge of tractors, skid steers, arena grooming equipment, grounds keeping equipment, electrical, refrigeration, and plumbing.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in an operations position in arena, convention center or public assembly facility with knowledge of event coordination including progressive supervisory responsibility.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience managing engineering/trades departments.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university in a related field (Facility Management, Engineering, Sports Management, etc.) preferred; High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills required; including excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days.