Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the Production Control and Wave departments of multiple accounts to ensure the processing of customer orders in a timely and productive manner.
- Partner with customer demand supply team to identify inventory availability gaps.
- Manage inventory purchasing levels on behalf of the customer.
- Manage ERP and MRP planning
- Ensure that customer requirements are accurately and timely reported according to customer specifications and contractual obligations.
- Manage daily reporting and reconciliation for On Time Delivery Metrics.
- Organize data and provide results for management review and actions.
- Resolve production issues related to systems applications within the warehouse environment using technical/trouble shooting skills.
- Identify and/or solve operational and WMS issues within the work group to provide productive and quality results.
- Serve as the primary contact between the company and the client's Production Control team.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to provide recommendations and solutions to improve inventory on time delivery, order cycle times, schedule adherence, and labor / capacity planning.
- Identify and recommend enhancements to improve wave functionality within the WMS system.
- Create; implement and update wave and demand planning operational Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop process and procedures when applicable.
- Support the client with all reporting and queries needed.
- Partner with operational business owners.
- Utilize superior communications skills to motivate staff and develop effective working relationships with peers, executives and customers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or related discipline preferred.
- Minimum five years related experience.
- Minimum three years industry experiencepreferred.
- Minimum three years supervisory or managerial experiencerequired.
- Previous experience with ERP / MRP planning.
- Previous experience with WMS wave planning.
Languages and Communication Skills:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers.