JLL is hiring an Operations Maintenance Manager to Support Amazon’s State-of-the-art distribution center in Fresno, CA!
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon’s distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order. We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we’re looking for people like you
This position is responsible for achieving the expected level of service delivery as described in the Service Level Agreements and measured by the Key Performance Indicators at all assigned facilities within a facility or geographic area. Additionally, the expected levels of service delivery must be achieved at the lowest possible cost, minimally within the prescribed budget for each facility.
Reports to: Regional Facility Manager
Supervises: AFM, CMMS Admin, Controls Specialists, Technicians
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish strategy and direction for site operations consistent with the client goals and align team accordingly.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client's assets.
- Inspect properties four times per year or as needed to determine condition and extent of service required.
- Develop and manage annual operating expense budgets; Provide written variance analysis and forecast to client;
- Develop property specific multi-year capital improvement project plans; Manage the process to complete the projects.
- Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties. Team with Contract Manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services.
- Transform existing operational practices to leverage JLL tools, processes, relationships, best practices to ensure service delivery is high efficient and effective.
Client Relationship Management;
- Primary interface with client representatives. Collaborate to determine client expectations. Ensures delivery of committed services and overall satisfaction with JLL performance. Demonstrate leadership, responsiveness and creativity in finding solutions for service delivery.
- Establish and maintain a safety-first culture by promoting and driving safe work practices timely training, best practices as well as delivering rewards and recognitions to promote safe behavior.
- Work with Sr. Regional Facility Manager and Account Director to provide the strategy, vision and continuous improvement to drive the facility personnel to advance the quality of service delivery and further the client partnership.
- Foster a collaborative teamwork environment. Promote energy and enthusiasm. Maximize productivity. Motivate employees with recognition and career growth opportunities.
- Ensure optimal roll out and training in the use of standard CMMS tools, processes and systems where possible. Ensure facility compliance with use of the new tools.
- Complete all performance reviews, both mid-year and year-end, on a timely basis. Ensure that individuals that do not achieve excellence or show significant performance problems are coached and put on improvement plans.
- Work with HR to ensure proper performance management steps are taken.
- Work with the Account Director to source employee career growth and development opportunities within or outside of the account. Understand employee career growth aspirations to enable matching of firm needs with employee abilities.
- Leads the facility organization to perform in accordance with the Service Level Agreements, achieve the Key Performance Indicators and score favorably on the client satisfaction surveys.
- Administer contract services including all related facilities operations related to Material Handling Equipment (MHE), Controls, Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) and associated equipment.
- Optimize service call responsiveness 24/7 by establishing escalation protocols, third party supplier depth and work sharing with various department factions.
- Ensures reliability of MHE, Controls and PIT supporting operations by completing preventive maintenance and reactive work orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure properties in the regional portfolio pass the JLL management, operations and financialaudits.
- Develop and maintain operating budgets for all sites, meeting targets as defined in KPIs. Meet facility specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving significant savings in year one and two of outsourced operations.
- Work with strategic sourcing professionals to identify cost savings opportunities and support their contracting efforts.
- Work with finance and accounting professionals to produce on-time and accurate reports, including cost savings initiatives, variance analyses, etc.
- Undergraduate or mastersdegree in business administration, engineering technology or related field preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years direct supervision of multi-building operations required.
- Experience in managing MHE, Controls and PIT operations.
- Demonstrated experience in managing 7X24 operations or multi-site locations.
- Superior client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan and manage within budget and time constraints.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
- Basic understanding of commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods.
- Familiarity with and understanding of building systems.
- Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision.
- Excellent prioritization and conflict resolution.
- Proficient in MS Office, and possess strong written, verbal and people skills.
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style needed.