The Operations Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting all the operational finance activities for our FIS Segment. This role offers an opportunity to work on special projects and analyze financial activities of a wide operational variety to provide improvement strategies and recommendations.
This role can be based in San Jose, CA, Austin, TX, Irving, TX, Plano, TX, or Columbia SC.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Participates in FIS forecast process supporting from an OPs perspective
- Drives LMC process working with sites, account teams and operations
- Drives Quote vs. Actual process working with sites, account teams and operations
- Drives Quote vs Contract process working with sites, account teams and operations
- Works with Ops to ensure customer P&L accuracy
- Leads manufacturing overhead driver process ensuring both accuracy and process improvement
- Provides senior leadership team with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments, identifying trends and recommends improvements accordingly. Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities, risks and profitability improvement strategies
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations regarding acquisition activity and new business planning.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent experience and training.
- Minimum of 8-10 years progressive experience in finance; preferably operations finance
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Experience delivering strategic presentations at the executive level
- Excellent communication skills at varying levels within the organization
- Critical thinker, self-starter with ability to manage change, and is highly detailed
- Understanding around finance policies i.e. things like revenue recognition
- Ability to travel up to around 50% on a global basis