I. Job Summary
Leads the Operational Research team in formulating and applying mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists the organization with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions. Frequently concentrates on collecting and analyzing data and developing advanced decision support software. Ultimately responsible for the developing and supplying technical expertise and analytic support for optimal time, costing, pricing, or logistics networks for evaluation and/or implementation.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.Otherancillary duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and leads the formation of advanced mathematical models (linear and non-linear) of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Directs the conduction of complex simulation (discrete event) studies of existing and proposed systems, including defining data requirements; capture and validate information, model formulation, design experimentation, and applying appropriate statistical analysis.
- Oversees current systems and processes, interacting with the appropriate personnel. Utilizing a variety of sources, collects and analyzes information to support the modeling and analysis.
- Acts as the lead liaison with leadership to identify, define, and solve a variety of problems and support various corporate initiatives.
- Owns and directs the designing, conducting and evaluating of experimental operational studies in cases where models or are complicated, ambiguous, or cannot be developed from existing data.
- Leads Information Technology team in converting the built Operations Research tool prototypes into production.
- Oversees and prepares management reports defining the problem; documenting the analysis and recommending courses of action in order to determine the best outcomes.
- Directs and develops complex business methods and procedures, including accounting systems, file systems, office systems, logistics systems, and production schedules.
- Responsible for ultimate development of training curriculums, presentations, methods or materials that inform the internal clients about the data-driven solutions developed for supporting decision making.
- Utilizes computer programming skills and relational database system to develop optimization applications.
- Utilizes mathematical programming software packages such as IBM ILOG CPLEX, LINDO, or Xpress; familiarity with algebraic modeling languages such as AMPL or GAMS.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Will coach and mentor less-experienced personnel or act as team leader on systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Business or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five years of relevant work experiencerequired (in addition to education requirement).