What You Will do:
The Senior Operational Content Writer will lead the creation and day-to-day management of the content for operational customer communications within the Transamerica Workplace Solutions Correspondence Office. This role will be charged with designing, creating and publishing content that is simplified, has calls to action and delivers concise information with a heavy focus on customer satisfaction. In collaboration with your operations and technology partners, you will work on the creation and documentation of these information flows within complex processes from concept, wireframes, prototypes, and style guides. This role will succeed on the back of the strong relationships you’ll have to build. That means we’re looking for someone with emotional intelligence, lots of finesse, and the ability to navigate complex situations with grace and ease. You’ll also be a liaison with Marketing to ensure adherence to styles and guidelines and to coordinate messaging where appropriate and recommend changes/rewrites to those standards. In this role, you will manage multiple projects in an agile manner and help influence other individuals who develop content as needed.
What Success Looks Like:
- Develop, write and edit computer-related technical and administrative/business documentation and publications relating to users, systems, software development, operations, products and services.
- Research and determine appropriate content for printed manuals, documentation, and supporting materials for software systems, technical procedures, and computer –related services.
- Review and test software systems for accuracy and consistency with documentation identifying problems and suggesting revisions to the documentation.
- Create graphical images, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Collaborate with graphics and printing production personnel or vendors to produce documentation.
- Administer a departmental Intranet site (e.g. Posting additions to the site, adding users to secure sections).
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of concepts and principles or exhibits technical expertise in a specific area; works with minimal instruction or guidance with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decisions; performs moderately difficult assignments with diverse scope and complexity, requiring a great deal of originality, creativity and problem solving with initiative and independent judgment required.
What You Will Need:
- Experience in system design and testing
- Experience using customer input or metrics to drive content improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to establish content development standards and governance processes
- 5+ years of experience with successful technical writing or related roles
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field.
- Experience in agile ways of working
- Demonstrable critical and analytical thinking skills
- Preferred: Experience in financial services operations and/or other highly regulated industry
- Preferred: Experience working with and supporting leaders in Operations, Marketing, Legal, Risk, and IT
- Preferred: Experience supporting organizational transformation