As a Senior Operational Risk Specialist you will support the Operational Risk Services team by assessing Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and a number of other key risks for the Regional Bank. This may include assessing control design, testing and monitoring of control effectiveness. You'll actively facilitate the resolution processes with processing support areas and provide training. In addition, you'll participate in assessing, tracking and reporting results of various risk management activities, and Special Project coordination as the need arises.
Risk Assessment, Control Evaluation and Quality Assurance
- Your primary areas of focus: Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Information Security, Records and Information Management (RIM), Model and End User Computing (EUC) risk.
- You will liaise with business divisions to assist with completion of various BCPs.
- You will monitor qualifying events and notify key partners of risk exposure.
- You will identify risk trends and/or symptoms of process control breakdowns.
- You will develop and customize testing procedures to assess identified control gaps.
- You will assess results of testing performed to figure out areas for potential improvement.
- You will document testing results in the system of record.
- You will coordinate any remediation activities, including documentation of action plans.
- You will monitor progress of remediation activities to ensure proper performance and completion for the units within area of responsibility.
- You will participate on ad-hoc working groups to address and resolve new areas of risk within the business areas of responsibility, as requested.
- You will design and have input into various risk reports.
Training, Communication, Committee Meeting Participation & Special Projects
- Identify training needs associated with changes in the organization and control deficiencies as identified through the quality assurance work.
- Coordinate communication within business divisions [i.e. process support owners, module owners, Business Compliance Officer (BCO) and management as appropriate].
- Ad-hoc or special project management responsibilities.
- Represent the Operational Risk Services team on committees related to entity-wide risks.
- Respond to questions from senior management.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree.
- Do you have 7+ years of experience in operations management, internal or external audit or other risk management functions within a financial institution?
- Excellent organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills.
- Are you proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio?
- Experience with a broad range of reporting tools is helpful (e.g., Business Objects).
- You should be flexible and able to balance several priorities at once.
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment.
- Demonstrated abilities in end-to-end process flow development, identification and documentation of operational risks and controls, and controls testing.
- Experience with developing or monitoring key risk indicator (KRIs) metrics.
- Experience in financial institutions and finance organizations is a positive.
- Experience in public accounting, audit, and/or professional services is also a positive.
- Certifications in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, and Information Security is desirable.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.