Senior Open Source Developer / Architect
In this position, you participate in a team to architect, design, and develop highly scalable, transactional, distributed systems, handling both database and high-frequency publish-subscribe messaging. The position requires technology evaluation, new product definition, leadership in systems design, execution of feasibility projects, and hands-on development. You will ensure that products are created in the most efficient manner using best practices in the industry. In addition, you will develop, design and implement server-side, database, and infrastructure technologies and be expected to possess creative and intelligent ideas on design patterns and designing applications using OOPS and Service Oriented Architectures. You will drive design documents, functional and technical specifications along with other developers on the team.
- Hands on development end to end development from concept to production.
- Build/enhance/maintain web services to support front end team.
- Design and develop scalable data and publish-subscribe technologies.
- Investigate and determine applicability of distributed grids, high-frequency publish-subscribe messaging, SQL, noSQL, document database, and cloud technologies.
- Work with the engineeringarchitecture teams in proof of concept projects to prove out new technologies and how they may apply to the product.
- Design and implement information systems for scalability performance, and reliability.
- Define the data architecture to optimize the overall application.
- Design and implement complex data models.
- Identify and develop metrics and kpi’s to assess effectiveness.
- Define/enhance standards, best practices and processes.
- Give presentations and feedback to stakeholders about data and technology initiatives.
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience developing web services compliant to the OpenAPI (Swagger) specification.
- Experience with search solutions such as Elasticsearch, solr, etc.
- Demonstrable experience in distributed publish-subscribe high speed messaging such as Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, and ZeroMQ
- Demonstrable experience in distributed in-memory data grid technology such as Infinispan, Hazelcast, Redis, and Memcached,
- Demonstrable experience in relational database such as MySQL.
- Demonstrable experience in NoSQL technologies such as Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Experience scaling in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or ElectricalEngineering is required.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or ElectricalEngineering is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $175,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year