Senior Officer GlobalTradeManagement & Compliance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine and assign local export/import country and U.S. license requirements to orders blocked within trade compliance software for trade control reasons, and to orders processed outside of compliance software or Arrow systems. When necessary, escalate orders to regional department Manager or Program Manager, or regional department leader for guidance. - 30%
- Process global supply chain partners review, including reviews of current government restricted / denied parties list matches to confirm decision for partner release or block within trade compliance software, Customer End Use And Export Compliance Certifications (EUC), End User Statements, etc. When necessary, escalate partners to regional department Manager or Program Manager, or regional department leader for guidance. - 15%
- Provide shipment clearance instructions on import and export transactions to internal and external contacts. When necessary, engage regional department Manager or Program Manager, or regional department leader for guidance, or shipping department representatives for support. - 10%
- Prepare and submit government license applications when required for select export and import transactions. Process government licenses following local regulations (including reporting for import/export licenses, General Licenses, record keeping, etc.). - 15%
- Provide trade management & compliance support and guidance regarding current laws and regulations to internal entities and contacts. - 10%
- Perform othertrade management and compliance related duties as assigned. -20%
- This position requires a minimum of 0 % travel per year.
Following necessary training on relevant laws, regulations, and Arrow policy, processes and procedures, and skills & judgment assessment by the relevant regional department leader, the position will be responsible for:
1) determining and administering local/regional and U.S. license requirements for individual export/import transactions;
2) releasing or blocking suspect partners for global Arrow businesses;
3) providing documented instructions for export/import release and clearance to internal and external contacts when needed;
4) preparing and submitting export/import license applications to local/regional government authorities;
5) providing support to global Arrow employees on trade management and trade compliance needs; and
6) performing special projects designed to support trade management and compliance activities and responsibilities of the company.
Though the position does not involve personnel management responsibilities, it may be necessary to assist with initial training and activity supervision of new Officer employees to the department.
- 4 year college degree
- All certifications and other designations:
- 4-year college degree or similar, or current Trade/Export Compliance Certification, plus 10 years directly related experience and training.
- Ten or more years in trade management or trade compliance roles, including involvement in processing export/import transactions and Export/Import licensing.
- MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point); basic database familiarity.
CONTACTS (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL):
- GTM&C Managers, Leaders, Analysts, Officers, regional leaders, and Global Director.
- IT, legal, sales, customer service, logistics, shipping/receiving, transportation, asset management, and operations.
- Brokers, carriers, couriers, freight forwarders, Customs, government export/import licensing authorities, vendors, customers.
- Communication and diplomacy skills to guide, persuade and influence others internally or externally.
- Reading, listening, analysis, and interpretation of written and spoken processes, instructions, reports and regulations.
- Languages: English – fluent, additional language beside native language is preferred