Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The Senior Nurse Manager is responsible for development and execution of short and long-term strategy for occupational health to include setting direction and measuring performance of programs related to medical management intervention, occupational health and safety, worker's compensation, OSHA recordable events and compliance training.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews claims and determination of appropriate medical management intervention. As an in-house medical resource, works in collaboration with professionals in Occupational Health and Safety, Human Resources, Risk Management and Third-Party Administrator to develop and administer an integrated and cost-effective case management program. Partners with internal & external resources (Doctors, medical experts) as needed to discuss proper workplace safety and return to work initiatives.
- Evaluates accident and medical reports, department investigation results and other documentation through chart review and audits. Identifies patterns of injury and advises departments of trends and proper safety procedures that may result in reduction of injuries.
- Ensures that Perdue Farms remains compliant in training and record keeping requirements related to the areas of medical practices i.e. HIPAA, CPR, AEDs, BBP and technology-based systems & training. Manages all activities related to regulatory requirements: lead standard, respiratory protection, AI teams, DOT certifications, OSHA, bloodborne pathogen exposure control plan, and others.
- Implements preventative resources and programs; initiates and participates in strategic planning for Healthworks' occupational health programs. Acts as liaison withrelevant organizations in surveying health and safety best practices and work-place interventions.
- Performs administrative duties to include but not limited to: administers payment system for supplies, providers, etc. through the Company's Accounts Payable department.
- Participates in the hiring and performance management of occupational health nurses/providers. Manages staff development and training in accordance to state worker's compensation laws and federal OSHA regulations.
- May act as on-site occupational health nurse and/or Regional Nurse Manager in the event of a critical staff opening.
- Bachelors degree or graduation from an accredited school or nursing.
- RN required.
- Current, active, unrestricted license for professional nursing in the state of practice (Maryland)
- Certification in and/or experience with Occupational Health nursing and/or case management, or medical office management.
- 5 plus years experience.
- Must be able to travel to other company facilities.
- Must have working knowledge of the Worker's Compensation Act and other applicable state/federal guidelines.
- Food manufacturing experience
- Active participation in state, regional and antional chapters of the American Association of Occupational Health Nurses