Senior Nuclear Engineer - Rapid Response Team
Position Specific Description
We are hiring Senior Nuclear Engineer for the Engineering Rapid Response Team at Duane Arnold Nuclear site.
NextEra Energy generates clean, emissions-free electricity from eight commercial nuclear power units in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin. A Fortune 200 company and included in the S&P 100 index, NextEra Energy has been recognized often by third parties for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity, and has been ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune's 2016 list of "World's Most Admired Companies."
This job is responsible for performing engineering activities that support projects and operations across the nuclear business. Employees in this role apply broad nuclear plant engineeringexperience and principles to make decisions and recommendations. Individuals work with independence and have wide latitude to exercise judgment over technical solution development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs highly complex engineering tasks that require knowledge and experience with nuclear industry standards and regulations
• Leads discussions in a group setting to resolve problems or coordinate design production
• Applies nuclear industry standards and regulations to solve new problems and address situations
• Serves as technical liaison within the nuclear business unit
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience:7+ years
• Master's - Engineering
• Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
Requisition ID: 11823