Req. ID: 118788
This position is in BOISE IDAHO only as we will offer great relocation package!
As a Senior Non-Volatile Engineering (NVE) Product Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be the key interface between the Technology Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Applications Engineering, and Quality departments. You will be deeply engaged in developing, validating, characterizing, and qualifying Micron’s next generation 3D NAND memory products to power our customers’ innovation. You will run Verilog simulations, create and maintain design documentation, and analyze functional test data. Through novel methods, you will resolve design, performance, yield, and reliability issues using both simulation and hands-on techniques. In addition, you will serve as a resource and subject matter expert for less experienced Product Engineers.
The future of non-volatile memory and the systems that utilize the advanced technology will continue to be exciting and dynamic. Micron is seeking experienced individuals that find technical challenges engaging and invigorating.
- Prepare for initial tapeout for new NAND semiconductor memory products
- Coordinate post tapeout validation activities in preparation for initial silicon arrival
- Problem-solve, configure, and optimize the product to maximize performance yield, cost, and reliability
- Partner with other Engineering, Manufacturing and Marketing groups to develop and ship successful products and end-systems
- Provide technical training and expertise
- Perform electrical failure analysis (EFA) and solve critical technical problems using both simulation and lab tools and techniques
- Find solutions to challenging technical problems, using Verilog simulation, electrical failure analysis, and high volume data analysis
- Lead cross-functional teams to solve critical technical problems through the various phases of product development
Qualifications: Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English
- Good multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong data analysis, Verilog simulation, and hands-on/lab problem solving skills
- Ability to lead a cross-functional technical team for issue resolution, including delegating tasks and setting priorities
- Effective presentation skills
- Good Project Management skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong understanding of mixed-signal circuit operation
- Extensive experience with VLSI and semiconductor device physics is required
- Familiarity with problem solving methodologies such as 8D and 5Why is preferred
- Experience using Cadence layout and schematic tools is preferred
- Experience with NAND Flash memory devices or systems is preferred
- Experience with semiconductor fabrication, backend manufacturing processes, and SPC is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to partner successfully with cross-functional groups to build strong relationships and achieve the best outcomes for Micron.
Position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 7+ years of experience. A Master’s Degree with 5+ years of experience is preferred.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Phoenix || Arizona (US-AZ) || United States (US) || NVE (Non-Volatile Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-LA1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segment: Semiconductor, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Product Development, Science, Engineering, Research