Job ID: CEP000483
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications.
Primary Function of Position:
Manage and lead a staff of NPI Manufacturing Engineers who transition new products from Product Development into Manufacturing as well as address sustaining projects. Project Manage Cross-functional teams from, Design Engineering, Mfg. Engineering, Production, Marketing and Planning to develop and introduce new products/sustaining activities into production.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and lead direct reports (Mfg. Engrs.) in prioritization and execution of day to day activities as well as providing annual evaluations of direct reports.
- Lead project teams of mechanical/electrical designs and manufacturing engineers
- Lead multiple small and large projects simultaneously.
- Contributes significantly to the day-to-day project activities such as prototyping, designing, testing, etc.
- Facilitate communication and cooperation between Cross-functional groups and other departments.
- Respond to external and internal Audits.
- Lead New Product Introduction/sustaining projects from the design stage into Production.
- Project Manage product transfers from Sunnyvale to Contract Manufacturer.
- BSME/BSEE required, MSME preferred.
- Minimum 8years of experience designing commercial system products.
- Minimum 5years of experience managing product development projects.
- 3+ years as a manager of technical personnel in a fast paced environment
- Familiar with mechanical CAD software (Solid Works) and/or electrical design synthesis products.
- Knowledge of component manufacturing processes (including machining, injection molding, wire EDM, MIM, electro polish, brazing, heat treatment).
- Mechanical design and analysis skills, including statics, dynamics, kinematics, strength of materials, and stress analysis.
- Electrical design and analysis skills including circuit design, troubleshooting and current electronic manufacturing process controls (ICT).
- Detailed knowledge of Design Control processes.
- Good organizational skills. Ability to work on several fast-paced projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people and departments within the company.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customer, suppliers, and other people outside the company.
- Ability to motivate, guide, and inspire members of the core and extended project team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical analytical skills including FMEA, tolerance analysis, and statistical methods.