Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We•re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves•to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways•not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce•14,000 strong'stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a NETWORK SPECIALIST in Bellevue, NE.. TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WITH SCI ACCESS (TS/SCI) IS REQUIRED.
The Network Specialist Senior troubleshoots, isolates, resolves network systems issues, and makes improvements to the network when necessary.
- Installs, configures, services, repairs, and maintains hardware and software for network services, storage and network devices, and server systems.
- Integrates multiple information systems in local and dispersed networked environments. Evaluates and helps resolve customers• information system problems.
- Implements required hardware upgrades and repairs inoperative devices to maintain mission capability.
- Installs and configures hubs, routers, switches, and server systems software.
- Ensures the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on various physical and wireless networks.
- Facilitates team members in gaining proficiency in monitoring and maintaining network devices, environmental control appliances, and server systems.
The work environment has been defined as dynamic and fast-paced, requiring effective interactions and communications.
Will support a 24/7/365 network watch position by monitoring, logging, troubleshooting and coordinating fix actions with the USSTRATCOM Network Operations.
As well as Security Center team, other lines of service, and vendor support to maintain communications across multiple networks.
- Perform watch, providing 24x7x365 monitoring of the USSTRATCOM networks
- Work rotating schedules when applicable, and report to work during non-business hours for emergency situations
- Work independently for extended durations
- Continuously monitor several tools and report network incidents and threats in real time
- Perform product evaluations and recommendations for products/services to improve network performance, redundancy, and resiliency
- Monitor environmental status of data centers and communication closets, utilizing various tools and methods such as Web Control, Email, and others
- Validate and test basic network architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of network performance issues through analysis of network traffic
- Devise and implement load tests and provide capacity planning solutions
- Monitor and respond to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems.
- Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Conduct routine testing and perform analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals).
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance
- Operate, maintain, and administer network components to meet operational, availability, and mission requirements
- Perform escort duties to sensitive areas and provide infrastructure support to include pulling, splicing, installing, terminating, and troubleshooting copper and fiber
- Complete electronic documentation of all work completed and update cable layouts for all networks
- Provide assistance in site surveys in order to provide engineering team correct materials, tools, bill of material estimates, etc. needed to complete projects
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline or a minimum of 3-6 years relevant industry experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- TS clearance, eligible for special accesses
- Experience working with relevant network systems and networking principles
- Meet or exceed DoD8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT-II) and Cyber Security Service Provider (CSSP) requirements or equivalent certifications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) • Routing and Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- CompTIA Network +
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation
- Firm understanding of IP networking, networking protocols, and security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail, and access-lists
- Previous experience with one or more of the following:
- Border Routers, ACL modifications, Firewall Administration, Network Encryption, Maintaining switches, Solarwinds, Wireshark
- Good verbal and written communication skills, influencing skills, and ability to work effectively with a team
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures with perfect detail
- Strong desire to learn and work in a live Network Operations environment
- Knowledgeable of network operations, network security, system operation and performance, and system effectiveness.