The Senior Network Security Engineer's role is to ensure the availability, stability, and integrity of Intuit’s data transport services primarily concentrated on Network Access Control (NAC) and Unified Threat Management (UTM). This is achieved by collaborating with the Security Architecture team to develop and utilize standardized reference architectures, standardized documentation, lifecycle models, operational support models and leading the implementation activities on the Intuit networks (NAC and UTM).
- Plan and Design the Implementation of NAC, UTM, and other Network Security Devices by utilizing Standardized Architecture:
- Primary Concentration: NAC/UTM and associated tools (Panorama, etc.) including AAA/Radius/PKI/Certificate Knowledge and Experience
- Secondary Concentration: LAN, WAN (including Hybrid WAN), WLAN, and Monitoring Tools
- Develop low-level UTM/NAC and associated Tools design and configuration documentation.
- Provide 3rd Tier Troubleshooting and problem solving for network security and application issues.
- Configuration and implementation of NAC/UTM hardware and associated tools etc.
- Create and maintain network security documentation as it relates to the standardized network topology, equipment, operational support and configuration.
- Interact and negotiate with application owners, project managers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to architect, design and implement network solutions.
- Perform network security asset management, including maintenance of network security component inventory and related documentation.
- Follow standard operating procedures and applications for service, change, and incident management.
- Perform the assigned functions within an Operational Support Model by utilizing Network Security Monitoring Tools to maintain and report on the health and security status of the network via Metrics and KPI’s.
- Collaborate with Network Architecture team to develop a plan to lifecycle the Intuit Network Security components incorporating Standardize Designs, Technical Roadmaps, Feature Matrices, Financial Requirements, Risk Matrix and Lifecycle status.
- Perform routine security infrastructure testing and evaluations to identify challenges within our infrastructure and develop a plan to remediate them.
- Ensure configuration and feature consistency is maintained across the NAC/UTM infrastructure.
- Conduct internal training and technical guidance to enhance operational staff proficiencies.
- Develop and Implement Operational Efficiencies by utilizing Vendor or Custom Networking Security Tools to automate routine implementation and alerting tasks.
- Analytical Ability: Makes well-reasoned, appropriate decisions based on analysis of highly uncertain input or outcomes; Integrates information from a variety of sources, quickly, to arrive at a broad understanding of issues; Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends and potential causes.
- Business Results Orientation: Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate work or improve quality while achieving results in a timely manner; Surfaces problems, issues and solutions with speed and accuracy; Holds self and team accountable for outcome.
- Communication: Prepares and delivers coherent, highly credible and engaging presentations that have impact; Writes technical concepts and information clearly and thoroughly for technical and non-technical audiences; tailors communication style and content to the audience.
- Creativity & Innovation: Demonstrates initiative, creativity and innovation to drive more effective design and process ideas to fruition within or outside their area of discipline; Demonstrates an entrepreneurial perspective by envisioning, aggressively pursuing, new and innovative ideas and approaches to achieve business unit objectives; Leverages leading-edge technologies, processes, tools and practices to contribute to the organizations future.
- Decision Making: Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, trade-offs, timing and implications; Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions or decisions at a work group level; Makes timely decisions on problems/issues requiring immediate attention. Supports the speed and quality of decision making.
- Organization Influence & Relationship Management: Proactively builds a broad base of support among key decision-makers and influencers; Advocates for positions firmly, but appropriately, without pushing or compromising positions too much; Presents a persuasive rationale for positions; Deep customer empathy - listening to customer, establishing long standing relationship and trust. Follow through to customer resolution; maintains customer satisfaction and loyalty; Gathers and internalizes rich customer feedback, using it to generate innovative solutions that fill core or future needs; Addresses customer needs by involving the right people at the right time.
- Learning Ability: Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity and mistakes; Seeks opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ideas and ways of looking at things; readily and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities and opportunities.
- Prioritization: Prioritizes and balances time, actions, resources and initiatives to ensure achievement of critical goals; Aligns cross functional self and team priorities based on changing needs
- Process Orientation: Author / Designer of procedures. Applies situational judgment and teaches others. Confident in escalating when process is broken or inefficient and makes recommendations on how to resolve
- Teamwork: Builds relationships with people across disciplines and functions, throughout the organization; involves others as appropriate when issues affect them. Resolves conflict; Builds collaboration by identifying and conveying common interests and priorities (including removal of barriers and breaking down silos); Inspires, energizes, motivates and draws out the best work from a cross-functional team; Ensures that positions satisfy the needs, interests and concerns of key stakeholders; Mentors and coaches colleagues, builds partnerships across organizational boundaries while resolving resource conflicts.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- CISSP and PCNSE certified
- Minimum of 4 years of IT Security experience
- NAC and UTM including associated tools engineering experience in a Global Enterprise Environment.
- NAC deployments and troubleshooting with multi-vendor solutions – e.g. Aruba Clearpass or Forescout CounterACT
- Palo Alto UTM Firewalls
- AAA/Radius/PKI/Certificate Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with NAC and UTM appliances including associated tools.
- Experience designing, evaluating, recommending and implementing network security solutions.
- Experience with large project rollouts
- Strong technical project management and engineering skills are preferred.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of IP traffic flow, protocol analysis, capturing and monitoring of live traffic streams.
- Cisco CCIE certification in Security not required but a definite plus.
- Multiple Cisco CCNP certification designations Routing / Switching, Security, Collaboration or Wireless not required but a definite plus.
- Cisco routers, switches, wireless controllers, and monitoring tools.
- Experience with Aruba wireless equipment.
- Experience with Hybrid WAN solution
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing – i.e. BGP, OSPF and MPLS environments.