This position is responsible for diagnosing and repairing failures of systems and networks in the Collins Aerospace Operational environment. This position is also responsible for performing actions to resolve technical queries from Collins Aerospace customers and Information Management Services (IMS) Business Units. Works independently and exercises discretion to ensure deployment, maintenance and configuration of IMS Networks results in exceptional customer availability.
- Provide Tier III Technical Support to the NOC ensuring uninterrupted unimpaired service of Collins Aerospace Transport Messaging and GLOBALink systems.
- Troubleshoot and provide engineering solutions for new service implementations equipment installation and configuration and fault restoration. Analyze issues to provide high reliability data communications.
- Provide technical assistance and support to a Cisco based MPLS network with 10 core sites and 1000+ remote sites.
- Assist and support the NOC Incident Management staff in fault isolation procedures.
- Provide operational support to implementation and engineering efforts within IMS’s wide area network (WAN) and server farm environments.
- Work with onsite field technicians or service provider staff to isolate faults and correct any network or service affecting failure.
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced members of the NOC.
- Ability to work in a 24x7 operations center standard second & third shift with possibility of rotating weekends and on call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
*** This position is considered essential personnel***
*** THIS POSITION IS FOR THE SWING SHIFT 3:00PM-11:30PM ***
- Five or more years of experience and being highly skilled in the following: IP routing (BGP & OSPF); Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP); Network Address Translation (NAT) and Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN).
- Requires experiencetroubleshooting and configuring network hardware devices to include routers, switches, firewalls and servers.
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues that have been escalated to Tier II and Tier III support in a 24x7 hour operational environment.
- RF systems troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting tools including sniffers, Nexus trace, Net Scout, and knowledge of basic UNIX command structure.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical area or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance