Senior Network Engineer, Test & Certification will be responsible for:
• Build the network models in Riverbed NetPlanner software to test the impact of network changes
• Develop comprehensive test plans based on network designs and test requirements.
• Conduct integration testing of new network hardware, network design and software to support network infrastructure evolution.
• Support backend systems integration testing for provisioning, alarms and surveillance.
• Collaborate with security team to ensure new software, platform and design meets Visa's security compliance requirements.
• Publish test results and present findings to cross functional teams.
• Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, Operations and System teams through the lifecycle of network and platform evolution.
• Build and maintain relationships with global Network Engineering and Operations teams to support network deployment and address network support issues.
• Leverage the findings from testing to develop methods and procedures to support successful deployment of new technologies in the production network.
• Install and maintain network hardware and software in the Global Engineering Test and Certification lab and proof-of-concept environments.
• Follow all documented Change Control process requirements to implement changes in the test environment.
• Work independently and support the platforms and network designs through their lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will be a senior technologist with strong cross-functional leadership skills and hands on experience with diverse vendor platforms. Following skills are required for the Senior Network Engineer position:
• 3-7+ years of industry experience.
• Bachelor's degree required in Computer Sciences or Electrical Engineering.
- Creates routing or switching configuration scripts, at least on an occasional basis.
• Hands on experience with Riverbed NetPlanner Network modelling tool (formerly known as Opnet) is required
• Hands on experience with Cisco Modeling Tool (CML) and GNS3.
• Hands on experience with routers, Ethernet switching platforms.
• Hands-on experience in designing and deploying large scale-out network technologies including Cisco and non-Cisco network technologies.
• Routing and switching design concepts for Data Centers.
• Understanding of the routing protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, MPLS, BGP4, OSPF and RIP.
• Excellent communicator and team-builder, capable of establishing trust and securing partnership with all levels of the organization, from engineers to senior executives.
• Excellent analytical skills, with experience rationalizing large, disparate datasets into concrete observations/recommendations, and formalizing into new network solutions.
• Cisco CCNP or equivalent industry certification
• Advanced Network Industry certification e.g. CCIE and JNCIE
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Telecommunications, or related technical field
• Network programming using Ansible, Python
• Understanding of Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and its application in Data Center and WAN design.