Principal is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to provide strategic planning and execution of high visibility projects across the global landscape. As a Senior Network Engineer the candidate will collaborate with internal clients, peers and leadership to influence the modernization of the networkinfrastructure. Additionally, the candidate will help Principal create a world class network automation and reporting environment while finding innovative ways for team members to work throughout the world. As business continues to change at a quicker pace it will be critical the candidate have excellent planning/organization skills, the ability to communicate across all levels, collaborating with peers and vendors and coach to up skill peers.
- 5+ years of experience with LAN solutions for large enterprises (including Cisco Nexus) analyzing, troubleshooting, and investigating Network and Data Center related systems.
- Experience automating network environments (we use Ansible for scripting, but Python or other scriptinglanguages would suffice)
- 5+ years of experience with IP routing protocols in a large enterprise environment (for instance: Layer 2 including Multi-Vlanarchitectures and Layer 3 routing with OSPF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP, HSRP, QoS).
- Ability to configure and support one or more of the major Application Delivery Controller appliances (e.g. Citrix NetScaler, F5 BigIP, etc.)
- Design, build and support Cisco wireless infrastructure that utilize the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller platform.
- Experience with virtual datacenter (VMware) and virtual switching environments\
Additional preferred experience:
- Experience analyzing, troubleshooting, and supporting Cisco ACI.
- Strong experience with enterprise security and network-based segmentation solutions such as: firewalls, private VLANs, Cisco ISE, etc.
- Cisco Certified CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA or CCDA
- Familiarity with Software Defined Networking and OpenFlow
- Ability to program in Linux
- Familiarity with WAN technologies
- It is highly preferred that candidates have an Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field.
Keys to success in this position:
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, communication and decision-making skills.
- Drive to train and improve technical skills of peers
- Ability to manage multiple efforts by establishing timelines and executing tasks in accordance with timelines.