At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financialsupport to causes they're passionate about.
What's the role?
- Apply engineering best practices to analyze, design, develop, deploy and support software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes.
- In a DevOps environment, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Experience with engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Specific technical requirements/platforms will vary (i.e. Front End, Back End, Cloud, .net, Java, Full Stack)
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- 4-8 years of experience.
Additional Network Specific Items:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Network Engineer, designing and managing highly available networkinfrastructure. Expertise in Layer Two and Layer Three routing and switching.
- Experience configuring and deploying networkswitches and routers including adding VLANs and routing protocols (including OSPF, BGP, and Multicast).
- Experience with the design, provisioning and troubleshooting of WAN and LAN connectivity technologies (i.e. MPLS, LACP).
- Proficient in creating ACLs, TCP/IP sub-netting, and VLAN trunking.
- Knowledge of Priority Queuing, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS).
- Experience with wireless technologies.
- Experienced with WAN optimization technologies.
- Experience with configuring and implementing load balancing technologies.
- Experience with SDN/Network Automation preferred.
- Experience with coding/scripting/automation (Python, Ansible) preferred.
Req ID: 24198