We are kicking off a search for a Sr. Network Engineer! In this role you will be responsible for developing/enhancing Honest’s network infrastructure, servers and IT applications to support the growth of the business and to promote a highly available and stable computing environment. You will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new IT infrastructure. You will work closely with internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business needs.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and enhance the network infrastructure in a multi-site environment
- Identify, monitor, diagnose, and resolve infrastructure problems for LAN & WAN equipment
- Develop and maintain documentation such as environment and network diagrams, comprehensive installation, configuration, release notes, and change management documentation
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms
- Provide Level II/III network support and repair, as well as escalation to the Management Team
- Provide 24x7 On-call Escalation Support (rotation-based / full week support)
- Troubleshoot and debug problems found in the production and non-production environments
- Assist in managing the corporate systems in a racked data center environment
- Monitor and troubleshoot any problems within the network
- Manage High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery of IT infrastructure; manage backups and restores
- Negotiate with technical solution providers and vendors to provide recommendations on equipment purchases and upgrades to the existing network infrastructure
- Help ensure that the organization’s network infrastructure complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot routing protocols (Static, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Partner with business and technology stakeholders (both internal and external) to support objectives and complete projects
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and ensure performance expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- An exceptionally articulate communicator. No matter the audience, you deliver your thoughts clearly, concisely, and confidently to both technical and non-tech employees.
- Dedicated and fast-moving. You’re known to operate with passion, urgency, focus, and discipline
- Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions with speed
- Adaptable and ambitious. You will enthusiastically take on other assignments as needed to support your team!
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- CCNP or CCDP preferred
- 7+ years of experience with Cisco Routers/Switches
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (TCP/IP and related) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Experience using protocols/technologies such as IPSec VPN, MPLS, BGP, PIX/ASA Firewalls, SSL VPN, PKI encryption, DMVPN, EIGRP, OSPF
- Strong proficiency in configuring and troubleshooting Layer 2 networking including switching fabrics, VLANS, etc.
- Extensive experience with WiFi connectivity and configuration
- Hands on experience with VMWare, ESXi, VoIP, QoS, VLAN
- Experience with Mac, Linux and Windows operating systems in a networking environment.
- Experience with scripting such as PowerShell a plus
- Experience configuring IDS / IPS, Network Access Control Technology and network security
- Ability to independently troubleshoot complex routing, switching and forwarding issues on Cisco Routing and switching platforms.
- Experience with the use of network monitoring tools and distributed packet capture tools
- Understanding of network concepts related to High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery related to Open Systems architecture