About the Opportunity
DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to support MDOT/DoIT project. The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of networksupport across a large IT infrastructure environment (LAN/WAN, server infrastructure). Supports the operation, performance, and availability of data, video and voice communications networks. Works with support teams to help form the strategy and roadmap for systems platform and architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines requirements, performs analyses, and develops plans and requirements for systems
- Functions as Technical Lead in the execution of network upgrade and enhancement projects
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert for the network
- Supports Identification of technology impacts across the enterprise and strategy formulation
- Advanced level network analysis, integration, and tuning
- Configuration of network devices
- Performing Tier III-level troubleshooting and coordination of troubleshooting efforts
- Support for a variety of network devices, to include - Routers, switches, load balancers and WAPs
- Demonstrate expertise with Cisco IOS and Nexus systems
- Support all preventative and emergency maintenance activities
- Knowledge of IBM SNA protocols
Education and Years of Experience:
- BS/BA with 12 years of general experience, and 10years of networking experience. Masters or Ph. D. preferred
Min. Citizenship Status Required: H-1B
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position.
Location: Silver Spring
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with
a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up
your DMI wellbeing:
- Community – Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development – Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial – Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition – Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness – Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.