At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products’ are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will design, implement, support, and manage complex data networks for our rapidly growing global technology firm. This position entails leadership in the design of future networks as the company grows, including product evaluation, testing, participation in product development, and in-depth troubleshooting.
The Senior Network Engineer will be the expert in the organization's installation, and configuration of logical, physical and virtual network systems (LAN, WAN, Wireless, Azure) to meet the functional objectives of the business. Supports the design of enterprise networkarchitecture and infrastructure, as well as ensures proper planning and management of overall capacity requirements.
As a Lead Network Engineer, you will ensure the performance of network services and lead efforts to optimize troubleshoot, maintain, and provide engineering services. You will interact with vendors to ensure proper solution design and resolve issues. You will analyze and recommend contemporary and emerging technologies and act as an expert liaison to domain, applications, server, systems administrative, support and Information Security teams providing networkarchitecture expertise, troubleshooting, and project delivery. You will define, implement and maintain network operations procedures, create reports, diagrams, and charts and documentation as required. You will identify process improvements to streamline and improve overall IT service management & delivery. You will support a global environment with multiple Crestron locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science. Master's preferred
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in network operations of enterprise systems with 4+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on operations support & implementation.
- Strong experience related to Azure cloud computing.
- Combined experience should include some portion/combination of datacenter solutions & hands-on experience with network engineering, multiple successful implementations of Cisco routers and switches, VPN connections, F5 and Kemp firewalls, subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies and standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP and other network routing methods
- Hands-on experience includes supporting repeatable, reliable, and scalable networkarchitectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.. mitigating jitter and latency.
- Industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP
- Motivated self-starter who approaches technical problems with creative solutions. Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, good follow-up and judgment. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment backed up by strong communication skills. Must possess excellent communication and writing skills, patience, professionalism and ability to effectively interact with staff and management alike.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential.
- Must have strong knowledge of internet working designs and their applications, to include IP subnetting and complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks, Security Routing & Switching architecture, design of large scale networks
- Must have knowledge networking features and protocols and be fluent with: HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and
- Web caching services (proxy server) and 802.1x.
- Must understand network monitoring protocols SNMP, CDP, LLDP, syslog and NetFlow.
- Must understand and be experienced with wireless technologies, frequency allocation, and managed access points.
- Must understand authentication/authorization protocols.
- Cisco ISE, Firepower, Cisco Aironet knowledge is necessary
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC full stack – (compute, storage, network) including experience with Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Intermediate/Advanced level TCP/IP packet analysis using Wireshark and relevant tools.
- Additional areas of expertise in areas such as VoIP and Call Center management are desired.
- Windows Server 2012, 2016 experience, and Linux knowledge preferred.
- Secure networkarchitectures, Python programming
- Providing off-hours support and project work where necessary.