We are looking for Senior Network Engineer for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- As a Senior Network Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of the clients internal network, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments.
- The engineer will provide expert technical assistance to team members with high-level system and networking request. This role will be responsible designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure in support of our business customer needs.
- As a member of the Network Team, the Senior Network Engineer will provide onsite and remotesupport on a 24x7 basis to our business customers who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems.
- You will work independently and as part of a team to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issues, address escalated issues, work with the project manager on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
- This position will require flexible work hours for systems deployment and troubleshooting activities.
- This role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage networkinfrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- An experienced Network Engineer familiar with Cisco networking best practices.
- An experienced Network Engineer familiar with Cisco and Fortigate firewall best practices.
- An experienced Network Engineer familiar with Citrix Netscaler best practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Networking and Infrastructure
- Design, install and support of Routing, Switching and Security/VPN technologies in the WAN/LAN environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of the client Network team
- Willingness to participate and share in rotating on-call duties.
- Ability to respond to on-call / on-site situations in MassDOT within required SLA parameters (2 hr max drive time).
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work independently and with approved vendors and other state agencies to resolve network related issues.
- Creates and updates all documentation as it pertains to the current state of MassDOT networkarchitecture and new installations
- Functional knowledge on how to connect public and private networks while not compromising network stability.
- Functional knowledge of cable standards, multi/single mode fiber, proprietary and standard serial communication protocols
- Fundamental knowledge of PCI/PII requirements
- Planning and implementing future installations of network equipment and capacity planning.
- Engaging in high-level analysis and troubleshooting of networkinfrastructure.
- Performs all work in a cooperative and professional manner with other MassDOT Team members.
- Provides technical expertise, direction and leadership to other team members.
- Performs research and analysis on all requests for problem resolution.
- Performs other related duties as requested by supervisor.
- Travel between client facilities to maintain and deploy networking equipment
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE (List knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Experience with designing, configuring and troubleshooting complex networks.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and BGP) in a mixed environment.
- Knowledge of VLAN technology, VTP and STP protocols.
- Experience in Access Control Lists, Firewalls, Citrix Netscalers, VPN technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, Enterprise Wireless technologies and other security technologies.
- Solid understanding of networkrouters and switches.
- Knowledge of T1, T3, SONET, DWDM and OC technologies.
- Experience with Metro-Ethernet technologies.
- Experience in Network monitoring and management tools.
- Experience in VOIP and QoS.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
- Ability to adjust to changing situations to meet emergencies, program changes or production requirements.
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques of statistics.
- Undergraduate degree (BS) in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering (or related technical degree)
- Relevant technical certification (current CCIE, CCNP)
- Extensive knowledge and experience in creating and updating Network Visio Diagrams
QUALIFICATIONS ACQUIRED ON JOB (List knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Knowledge of the policies, procedures, specifications, standards and guidelines governing assigned unit activities.
- Knowledge of the types and uses of agency forms.
- Applicants must have at least four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in
- network design and engineering.
- Applicants must have their own vehicle for travel between client sites.