Responsible for providing hands-on network engineering for a world-class enterprise network, to include deployment projects and initiatives. The Senior Network Engineer will be ensuring all equipment such as routers, switches and access points are set up correctly and ready for deployment, and maintained after installation.
Network design and development for future technologies will be expected. Troubleshooting and decision making both with and without team support. This Senior Network Engineer will be expected to apply your knowledge of network engineering to ensure all projects and deliverables are completed accurately and on time.
• Responsible for configuring routers, switches, and access points
• Network design for future enhancement and expansion
• Ensure and validate all network equipment is set up correctly and ready for deployment
• Assists in the staging, configuration and testing of all network related devices
• Work within a team environment and apply knowledge of IT and network engineering concepts to complete projects and initiatives on time
• Ability to troubleshoot independently in downtime or outage situations
• Ability to operate in remote locations solo to produce full connectivity for users
• Travel requirement: up to 25% for network device deployments
Qualifications & Experience:
• Associates or Bachelor's Degree, or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience
• 15 years experience in Information Technology
• 12 years experience in Network Engineering
• 10 years experience in Route/Switch Network Support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Cisco ISR Routers
• Cisco Catalyst Switches
• Cisco ASA/Firepower Firewalls
• Cisco Wireless Networks
• BGP, EIGRP and OSPF protocols
• LAN/WAN cabling to include fiber optic
• Active Directory, DNS and DHCP knowledge
• VMware knowledge
• Netscaler knowledge
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management