The position is responsible for high-level network planning, design, and optimization for the corporate network. The Sr. Network Architect participates in the technical aspects of strategic decisions regarding networkarchitectures and engineers network solutions across the enterprise.
- Develops strategies and direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies (including wireless and VoIP).
- Works with IT Leadership to architect networks that effectively reflect business needs, service-level and availability requirements, and other technology parameters
- Translates business requirements into network or process designs.
- Plans and recommends network hardware, systems management software and architecture. Approves and modifies network design and architecture to ensure compliance.
- Oversees the installation and implementation of new network and telecommunications hardware and software products.
- Configures and maintains routers, switches, and hubs for the network systems (including wireless and VoIP).
- Monitors network performance, ensures capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or as a subject matter expert.
- Work with other SMEs and technical support teams in the pursuit of technically excellent solutions
- Performs analysis of network performance and availability issues and designs resolution scripts
- Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the corporation.
- Produces, endorses, and updates network standards and guidelines
- Establishes governing principles for network design and deployment
- Travel required to support entire corporate footprint (planned trips, as well as short notice emergencies)
- All other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of WAN technologies
- Data Center and high availability design experience
- Experience with networksecurity standards
- Knowledge of industry leading network hardware models including:
- Load balancers
- Packet Analysis
- WAN Accelerators
Proficient reading, writing, grammar, mathematics, and analytical skills. Ability to prepare detailed written instructions and documentation. Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, defines problems, and suggests solutions.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills (oral and written). Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively;
- Fluency in Cisco network hardware and software implementation
- Advanced understanding of Cisco security hardware and software solutions
- Advanced knowledge of protocols including BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, and EIGRP, SPB, TRILL
- Strong IPV4 and IPV6 skills
- Advanced knowledge of Quality of Service
- Experience with VOIP components and converged networks