The Senior Network Architect is responsible for the design, implementation and support of Media Technology's enterprise network infrastructure. This position will lead, provide technical guidance and collaborate with vendors, cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management to ensure our networks adhere and align with the long-term enterprise-wide vision.
The Media Technology Networks are highly specialized and designed to deliver Audio, Video, and Control System networking. The Senior Network Architect works closely with vendors, Corporate IT, and MGM Resorts business representatives to review technical designs and provide technical direction. This individual validates the design of the solutions provided by other architects and works with architects and engineers from other organizations and disciplines to ensure and validate the best comprehensive design for the environment. This position may also assist or direct the resolution of complex technical problems.
All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Responsible for the design, documentation, implementation and management of enterprise guest-facing network infrastructure solutions based on specific project needs. These solutions should be stable, secure, highly available and scalable to evolving technology/architecture.
- Lead architectural and technical decisions, providing technical direction, coordination, service integration and management for business units and/or internal departmental projects.
- Lead and guide other network architects and engineers from various organizations and disciplines to determine the best comprehensive design, while supporting current and long-term needs of the infrastructure, business partners and related stakeholders.
- Produce professional diagrams and documentation for networks and operational best practices, standards, policies and procedures, using Visio and/or OmniGraffle.
- Manage or assist in the resolution of complex technical problems, while providing appropriate communications to all involved business partners and related stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective working relations with IT, business partners, vendors, internal staff and other key associates.
- Perform research and development to ensure an innovative and consistent experience across Media Technology’s infrastructure.
- Fully understand department job processes and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- At least 6 years of experience in an enterprise level technical role or relevant experience; which includes at least 1 year of network administration experience with Cisco IOS and/or NX-OS in an enterprise environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Four-year college degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Networking, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- Any of the following certifications: Cisco CCDA/CCDP, Cisco CCNA/CCNP Routing and Switching, Cisco CCNA/CCNP Security, Cisco CCNA/CCNP SP, or other network certifications by industry recognized organizations.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to correctly visualize and implement virtual designs and concepts, in order to define project objectives. Capable of understanding requirements and developing comprehensive solutions incorporating technology, administration and business processes.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and supporting on premise, off-premise and hybrid network infrastructure solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in IP video multicast and core networking disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in IP converged networks.
- Multi-vendor knowledge.
- Good understanding of an Entertainment, Sports, and/or Performance venue environment, the computing operations within, and how business structure is affected by changes in a 24x7 operational environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Ability to work on a team or independently with minimal supervision to achieve project milestones and deadlines. Knows how to escalate appropriately, efficiently, and effectively.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills; able to manage a complex project independently, while functioning effectively under time constraints, established deadlines and within budget.
- Flexibility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding and constantly changing environment, while being able to set priorities and balance multiple deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present information in clear, concise terms to all position levels in the organization, as well as business partners, vendors and technical staff.
- Excellent customer service skills, including interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays, and be available for travel.
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.