Senior Systems Engineer
Our client, one of the fastest growing healthcare companies in the tri-state area is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join their team in Melville, on Long Island. This candidate must have extensive experience with VMWare, Citrix and Wintel Engineering.
- Designs, deploys, maintains and monitors the infrastructure environment in assigned technology specialty and works within established project timelines
- Installs, configures and supports hardware and software required to operate assigned technologies
- Provides on-going maintenance including updates, patches and anit-virus updates
- Provides second and third level operational support for issues escalated from the Service Desk
- Performs Availability/ Capacity/ Performance analysis as assigned
- Conducts performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues while maintaining Enterprise Service levels
- Develops and maintains documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance and disaster recovery planning
- Participates in change management and performance improvement programs for assigned technologies
- Bachelor?s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business Administration, required.
- 8+ years systems engineeringsupport and maintenance experience in assigned technology area, in a highly available and complex mission-critical environment, required.
- MCSE or CISCO certification, highly preferred