Requisition Number 2017-10055
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a highly experienced, self-motivated project manager to successfully guide projects from early planning and permitting through construction. In this role you should contribute to the continuing development of SWCA’s business and expand our professional reputation in compliance planning and biological consulting.
As a senior member of the Natural Resources Program, you will take a leadand collaborative role in pursuing project opportunities, managing large projects and clients, and supervising and mentoring staff.
SWCA offers a unique work environment and specializes in natural resources and cultural resources consulting. You should reside in the Austin, Texas area andreport to our Austin Office.
What you will accomplish
This Senior Project Manager will:
- Have experience in all aspects of natural resource permitting and agencyinteractions, with a focus on Clean Water Act (CWA), National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and Endangered Species Act (ESA) compliance.
- Plan, implement, and/or guide execution of biological field studies, preparation of permits, mitigation plans, biological assessments, projectmonitoring and other deliverables.
- Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, and other maps and tools to determine exact locations of project areas, habitat types, and associated landforms.
- Attend and/or present at local, regional and national conferences and forums. Support agency needs during project process.
- Have experience in specialty areas including electric and gas transmission and distribution, renewable energy, and utilities highly valued.
- Demonstrate skills including the ability to manage large and complex projects and milestones within schedule and budget expectations and be responsible for compliance strategy, QA/QC, oversight of field data collection, and document preparation.
- Be experienced in managing multiple components and multidisciplinary staff to complete project permitting requirements.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in biology, environmental science, natural resource management, planning, range management, geology or other science-related field required;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in environmental consultingproject management required;
- Candidate should have an extensive working knowledge of federal and state laws, i.e. Clean Water Act, Environmental Protection Act, and National Environmental Policy Act (CWA, ESA, NEPA) governing natural resource management;
- Demonstrated experience with federal agencies such as U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and/or U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS);
- Working knowledge of Texas/Central U.S. energy generation (wind, solar) and transmission markets preferred;
- Experience with staff and project team supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects and programs, in diverse settings and with changing requirements; and
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced work environment and desire to work in a highly collaborative team atmosphere.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full-spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.