- Responsibility for and oversight of all processes related to mutual fund tax such as tax provisions, distributions, income and excise tax returns, excise distributions calculations.
- Oversight of the tax provision calculations and related disclosures in the financial statements, including ASC 740 analysis.
- Responsibility for RIC qualification testing for quarterly and annual requirements.
- Oversight of foreign tax requirements related to security holdings, including monitoring withholding and treaty rates, opening accounts in new markets, reclaim payments, and payment of capital gain tax.
- Responsible for all daily, monthly, quarterly and annual income and capital gains distributions
- Oversight of calendar year end 1099 process and related disclosures.
- Provide analysis of tax implications related to any new products or investments
- Oversight of complex security analysis, including the review of new security prospectuses and term sheets.
- Maintain a current understanding of tax requirements related to mutual funds and related investments and tax structures.
- Maintain tax department technical analysis memos and make decisions/recommendations related to tax positions taken by the funds.
- Maintain relationship with external audit firm.
- Review tax related sections of prospectus and SAI, work with internal and external legal groups as needed.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external partners including Financial Reporting, Fund Accounting, Legal, Transfer Agent and vendors.
- Oversee periodic updates of procedures and internal control processes.
- Prepare tax related communications for the Board of Directors.
- Responsibility for and oversight of filing monthly, quarterly and annual shareholder taxreporting forms for both federal and state requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 6 years of experience with ‘40Act/mutual fund/regulated investment company taxrequired
- Experience with complex tax adjustments such as those for derivatives, partnerships, and foreign blocker entities required
- Experience determining taxable income and distribution amounts required
- Experience establishing and maintaining an internal control environment required
We are open to consider higher levels based on qualifications.