SNC-Lavalin’s Engineering, Design and Project Management team plans, designs and enables the delivery of complex projects across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Our deep technical expertise combined with broad multidisciplinary capability can be scaled from niche mandates to mega projects. Together we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners.
Why join us?
In response to increasing opportunities and a healthy backlog of work, our Municipal Engineering Group is looking for a Senior Municipal Engineer to join our growing team. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work together to provide our clients with innovative, cost-effective, and practical solutions.
This position is preferably based out of our offices in either Calgary or Burnaby, reporting to the Manager, Municipal Engineering.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Design of civil and municipal infrastructure including storm and sanitary systems, water distribution systems, storm detention ponds, forcemains, and lift stations
- Perform hydraulic analysis and modeling of storm and water systems, using stormwater, and water distribution network modeling software
- Preparation of SWM and utility design reports
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings
- Preparation of construction contract documents and special provisions; cost estimates and tender documents for above works
- Business development and proposal preparation for civil and municipal work RFPs
- Project management to ensure quality of project deliverables on time and within budget
- Leading, guiding, and mentoring a team of Intermediate and Junior staff
What will you contribute?
- University degree in Civil Engineering (Environmental or Water resources) from a recognized institution
- Professional Engineer, or eligible for registration as professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia and/or Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists Alberta
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Municipal Engineering and/or Water Resource Engineering
- Storm and water hydraulic modeling using software such as XPSWM, QHM, WBM, HEC-RAS, SWMHYMO, WaterCad, etc.
- Strong technical report writing and communication skills, and ability to represent the design team to the client
- Experience with preparing preliminary and detailed engineering design; contract specifications and special provisions; and tender documents
- Familiarity with municipal and provincial design standards in British Columbia and Alberta and other Canadian provinces
- Hands-on experience with AutoCad, Civil 3D, Microstation
- Pump station design is an asset
- WTP and WWTP experience is an asset
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Minimum 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities