Senior Multimodal Transportation Planner
START YOUR APPLICATION
VHB’s growing Transportation Planning practice is seeking a Senior Multimodal Transportation Planner to join either our Boston, MA or Watertown, MA office.
VHB’s passionate professionals include engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with public and private clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Together, we work to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
Our team uses its skills and experience to improve our communities with a sustainable, context-driven and integrated project delivery approach. Our clients include municipalities, MassDOT and other state agencies, and private partners who supportthe development of the places we live, work, recreate and learn.
- Participate in project and business development for key municipalities, institutions and transportation agencies within New England
- Independently develop and manage project scope, schedule/budget, and project deliverables
- Conduct multimodal transportation planning evaluations and analyses with the ability to focus on complex urban settings, municipal centers, and institutional campuses
- Manage projects or tasks related to the preparation of campus, community, corridor and intersection planning studies and master plans, particularly as it relates to the development of Complete Streets alternatives
- Work directly with client points of contact
- Delegate appropriate technical tasks to junior staff
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and mentor junior staff
- Strong leadership skills
- MS Office suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suites products preferred
- Data management and GIS experience is preferred
- BS in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or related field; MS preferred
- 10+ years of professional transportation planning experience
- AICP certification preferred
Please submit applications online.
At VHB, we’re invested in what we do, compelled by intellectual curiosity, and driven to work collectively to best serve our clients and help shape the future of our communities in a meaningful way. We are dedicated to making a positive impact and providing opportunities to grow personally and professionally.