Casey's Store Support Center in Ankeny, IA is expanding our Digital IT team and seeking a Senior MuleSoft Engineer!
As the Senior MuleSoft Engineer, you'll focus on designing, developing, testing and supporting customer or third party software applications. You'll oversee application integrations in support of the strategic IT objectives of Casey's. Within this role, you'll collaborate with other IT team members and business partners to build solutions the meet or exceed business goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Design, code, test, deploy, and support scalable, high-performing, intuitive, and secure solutions.
- Lead and participate in development efforts while guiding the Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain unit tests to ensure quality.
- Participate in quality assurance (QA) activities including unit testing, QA testing and documentation of test scripts and instructions for user acceptance testing (UAT) testing.
- Conduct code reviews and manages source quality control.
- Conduct regular reviews of systems, determine opportunities, and identify solutions to improve capabilities, eliminate technological debt, and deliver business value.
- Evaluate new application releases and plan for their implementation.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and resolves technical issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience coding Java/J2SE/J2EE using Spring frameworks including Spring MVC and Security.
- Experience developing enterprise services using RESTful Application Program Interface (API) Modeling Language in Mule, Representational State Transfer (REST), and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Web Services.
- Proficiency in designing Mule components (Mule ESB, Anypoint Studio, Extract, Transform, Load (ETL), message modelling, Routing, Filtering, Database, Exception Handling, API Management).
- Experience with Flow Design and Dataweave in MuleSoft Anypoint Studio.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using SOAP and REST with API Management, distributed systems and enterprise systems integration.
- Good working knowledge of industry best practices and design principles.
- Ability to configure APIs, proxy endpoints, API portals and analytics based on technical specifications.
- API-Led Connectivity experience orchestrating integration use cases.
- Deep understanding of Message Queueing (MQ) and Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous deployment using Maven, Jenkins, Git, and MuleSoft.
- Experience using databases like Oracle Database EE, Standardized Query Language (SQL) Server, and MySQL.
- Understanding of Audit and Logging.
- Solid knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces.
- Experience with full life-cycle projects from initial scoping, estimations, through delivery.
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies.