Senior Mts, Product Definition
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim is looking for a Sr. Product definer with experience in power management products for hand held applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for researching, defining, and evaluating power management ICs, and will also work closely with the field to support end customer engineering teams using Maxim’s PMICs. We are looking for someone who can understand the needs or a technical problem a customer faces, and can propose a product that can solve that problem. The candidate will be responsible for taking the proposed IC product concept and produce a Product Definition. This document serves two functions; first, it must supply all technical requirements needed to design the product and second, it must justify why this product will ‘win’ in the marketplace. In preparation of this document, the Product Definer works closely with customers, Design, Business Management, Sales and our Field Applications organization.
The product definition role is highly valued at Maxim and our Definers receive considerable recognition for their work. The successful applicant will become part of a close-knit winning team.
Knowledge and SkillsRequired:
- Experience and detailed knowledge of Power Management ICs for handheld applications including smart phones, Tablets, and other portable consumer equipment.
- Experience in proposing and defining Power management IC products.
- Intimate knowledge of various regulator architectures.
- Expertise in using lab equipment to debug and evaluate power management products.
- Ability to understand the customers’ problems and needs, and to propose a solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, and meet deadlines.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Mobile Phone system architecture knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Korea customers and language is a plus.
- Audio and interface product experience being a plus.