This position is responsible to maintain the MS SQL environment with installation, maintenance, enhancements and virtualize the servers and carve a path forward for Full virtualization and transition to cloud technologies
Take ownership and provide support to third party applications that support SXM’s Audio asset management, Royalties reporting and playout systems.
Will be collaborating with different departments in supporting the applications, gather requirements understand issues and translating them to the Vendors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience with different SQL version 2012 to 2019 and in-depth understanding of SQL Server clustering, Always-On Availability Groups and virtualization
- Experience with Datawarehouse and reporting to support the Media Asset Manager and the Librarians
- Analyze and deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors and/or internal development staff
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Proactively monitor and optimize SQL Server performance through Index changes, query changes, vendor recommendations and hardware improvements
- Take ownership of applications like Media Asset Manager and support the day to day and manage the applications
- Troubleshoot application issues, performance issues and coordinate with application owners and vendors to find the solution
- Experience implementing and developing API layers, Scripting (Windows)
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot applications and coordinate with the vendors to fix the issues
- Ability to review and understand the Application error logs and windows error logs
- Familiar with Cloud technologies Azure or AWS
- Perform application upgrades as delivered by third party vendors and/or internal development staff.
- 7 years of hands-on MSSQL Server database support, development and administration responsibilities.
- 5 years of Application support and troubleshooting
- BS Degree in computer engineering/science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of SQL Administration and Application owner experience preferred.