The Siemens MR R&D team in the US is a multidisciplinary group of highly motivated scientists, engineers, and advanced application specialists based at various locations across the country, and working closely with our research partners at universities and academic hospitals.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team to help maximize the clinical and business impact of our research work. The position will be based at a leading academic institution in Philadelphia, PA, and will report to the MR Zone Research Director for the Central zone. The individual will be responsible for driving innovative and clinically relevant MR techniques from prototype to a commercially available product. The individual is expected to take a lead in design, implementation, and execution of research projects at 7T in collaboration with our academic and clinical partners.
Furthermore, the individual will act as a liaison between Siemens’ research collaborators and Siemens’ internal groups worldwide, including, but not limited to R&D, product definition and development teams, and marketing.
Strong expertise in clinical applications of MR and its physical principles and understanding of how an MRI scanner works is required. Substantial experience in C++/C# software development and design of MR sequences and image reconstruction using the Siemens SDE platform (IDEA/ICE) is expected, as well as knowledge in image post processing. Strong attention to detail, outstanding communications skills, ability to create new and innovative solutions, establish and maintain relationships with a variety of people in different roles/levels and physical locations are critical. An outstanding track record of peer reviewed publications is highly desired.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following areas:
- · Develop and manage the research collaboration with your academic partner.
- · Define and execute research projects with your academic partner to generate scientific results that are relevant for the academic and industrialpartnership.
- · Adhere to Siemens’ collaborations policies, and take ownership of the processes for collaboration management with your assigned partner.
Research and Development
- · Work closely with your academic partner to drive MR research and translate this knowledge into MR products.
- · Drive the development of novel, clinically relevant techniques (MR pulse sequences and image reconstruction) with our research partner.
- · Develop and release prototypes of novel techniques in compliance with highest source code quality.
- · Evaluate prototypes, and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
- · Conduct original research resulting in patent applications.
- · Educate R&D and Applications colleagues on clinical research issues.
- · Product integration of innovative techniques according to quality standards for medical devices.
- · Implementation of improvements of currently existing product features.
- · Maintenance and improvements of existing code base, bug fixing, testing.
- · Contribute to product protocol development for novel features.
Sales and Marketing Support
- · Provide content for articles for Siemens publications such as MAGNETOM Flash together with internal and external collaborators.
- · Support educational meetings, tradeshows, and site visits.
- · Answer questions from Sales and Marketing related to areas of the team’s responsibility.
- · Demonstrate strong knowledge of organization's business practices, issues faced, and contribute to problem resolution of those issues.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering / Biomedical Physics / Imaging Physics, or equivalent.
- · Strong collaboration skills and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- · Strong MR physics background.
- · Expertise in MR imaging techniques and clinical applications.
- · Experience in working with internal and external partners.
- · Substantial experience in C++/C software design, implementation and coding.
- · Experience using Matlab for signal and image processing.
- · Outstanding writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- · Excellent teaching skills and a proactive can-do attitude.
- · Ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- · Ability to multi-task and follow through.
- · Detail-oriented and organized.
- · Skilled in MS office software applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- · Ability to travel approximately 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- · Expertise in image post processing methods such as segmentation and registration approaches.
- · Prior experience working on Siemens’ MR systems in pulse sequence design and image reconstruction is highly desired.
Requisition Number: 217698