Mesa Specialty Materials and Integration team is looking for a hands on engineer to develop next generation materials for aerospace and defense applications. The job defines requirements for tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes used in the engineering design, manufacture and maintenance of products and approves their use.
- Leads production of specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes.
- Maintains compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Promotes standardization across business activities.
- Evaluates emerging technologies for potential application to business needs.
- Leads development and qualification of new tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes to meet requirements.
- Integrates new technologies as appropriate.
- Manages test and audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements.
- Conducts complex analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of tools, materials, parts or processes.
- Implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Leads design, development and qualification of sophisticated computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements.
- Uses project management tools to meet cost, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Incorporates environmental health and safety, LEAN and Quality principles into (1) materials and processes, (2) research, design and qualification, (3) work procedures and (4) labs and office areas. Leads others and work statement, assist defining strategies and/or provides consultation.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree and 10 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an Active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with aerospace paint and ink systems, coating suppliers, and aerospace paint industry specification
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Project management skills
- Experience with managing a large internal or external contracted research effort
- Experience with leading teams.