$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Autonomous Driving, Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Customer Research, and Open Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive technology as well as in Long Beach, where the teams test durability of the latest driver assistance and telematics systems. The Digital Hub in Seattle focuses on developing a cloud architecture and building out the cloud platform for the next generation of connected car services. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs team in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center.
Lead the electric motor control algorithms design and development activities for electrified powertrain, including PHEV/BEV/FCEV applications. Interact with customer, work with different teams and provide solutions and support to meet customers' expectation.
- Advancing the e-motor control technology through the use of innovation methods, tools and processes. Establishing best practices for e-motor related analysis, controls and testing
- Lead the E-Motor control algorithm development in Simulink/TargetLink models, auto code generation, algorithm verification and validation through simulation, hardware-in-the-loop and dyno tests
- Issue resolution and testing of E-drive systems in dynamometer and vehicle environments
- Responsible to deliver system performance that meet the customer's expectation
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentoring; improve communication and knowledge sharing within the organization
- Interact with customer, suppliers and other teams on requirements, functionality deliveries, issue resolving and all the necessary supports
Skills & Requirements:
- BS/MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering, preferably with focus on control algorithms
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding in theory of AC IPM/Induction motors and their controls for automotive applications
- Familiar with automotive software development processes, particularly requirement management and engineering, aligned with automotive SPICE
- Good analytical skills in modeling, simulation and control algorithm development with Matlab/Simulink/TargetLink
- Self-driven, excellent organization skills, ability to clearly communicate and interact across multiple teams and project management
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineer or similar
- Project management skills to fulfill deadlines for multiple deliveries in parallel and in series
- Embedded software algorithm design and testing on different platforms, such as HIL/Emulator/dyno
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Understanding of hybrid system fundamentals
Why should you apply?
Here at MBRDNA, you create digital ecosystems around cars, you design a language between humans and machines, you make a car even more intelligent - you make the new reality for cars. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more. We have an open and flexible environment to allow you to push boundaries, join MBRDNA and design your future.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13