What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Software Engineer who will help maintain and grow the mobile applications that connect to our tremendously successful core of robotics-inspired IoT products. On a daily basis, you’ll carry out some of the various engineering tasks listed below:
- Develop new applications, creating and maintaining reusable modules between applications.
- Continue building and improving the communications and API integrations between mobile applications and our cloud services.
- Add features to the mobile applications that unlock new embedded features on our hardware products.
- Proactive testing, monitoring user behavior, and potential issues with the applications.
- Explore new technologies, tooling, and services to decide when they will be beneficial to adopt.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- 5+ years experience creating non-trivial applications on Android platform.
- 2+ years experience creating non-trivial applications on IOS platform.
- Proficiency in Swift, Java, and the ability to develop clean modular code.
- Experience with many forms of local data storage and synchronization patterns with cloud services.
- Appreciation for building applications that show empathy for the customers using them, and the other developers who work with it.
- Ability to design and build from scratch.
- Skilled at jumping into an existing code base and building on top of it with unit tests.
- Desire and ability to stretch beyond the environments, frameworks, and stacks that you’re already most comfortable with.
- Proactive and clear communication abilities.
- Appreciation for documentation.
- You are a maker. You do what it takes to ship and iterate on what you learn.
The best candidates will have:
- Expert-level experience on both iOS and Android on a widely used application.
- Experience working with the BLE protocol.
- Experience writing Java services code on Android embedded OS devices.
- Experience with React Native and the ability to determine its appropriate use cases.
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.