- 3 years of full-stack or frontend engineering experience
- 1 year of iOS/Android development experience (native or cross-platform)
- Experience building mobile or web applications with the React Framework
- Passion for self-education and a love of learning
- Knowledge of code versioning such as Git or Mercurial
- Knowledge of testing and debugging tools for mobile applications
- Knowledge of communicating with Web Services
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Critical thinker with outstanding problem-solving skills
- 5 years of full-stack or frontend engineering experience
- 2 years of iOS/Android development experience (native or cross-platform)
- Experience building web applications or iOS and Android mobile apps with React.
- Experience building mobile apps natively with Swift (iOS) or Kotlin (Android)
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience influencing mobile architecture and design patterns
- Proficiency with Git and CI workflows
- Knowledge of unit testing, integration testing and/or automated testing
- Understanding of performing code reviews with a team of software engineers
Our Senior Mobile Engineers lead a mobile engineering team whose focus is building top-tier mobile applications for our internal team members. This role involves working with other engineers, business team members, and marketing team members to create an intuitive experience for mobile users. You will create, extend, and improve mobile applications for iOS and Android platforms, leveraging an internal web service framework, building solutions, and maintaining existing applications, all in a high-energy environment.
Open to remote within US or onsite.
- Develop high-quality, scalable, and reusable React Native mobile features for our iOS and Android app that follow code standards, best practices and design patterns
- Optimize components for maximum performance across various iOS and Android devices
- Influence and drive mobile architecture and design decisions
- Participate in design and code reviews to ensure best practices are followed, and high-quality code is written
- Collaborate with other team members (e.g., Product Owners, UX Designers) to refine and translate designs and user stories
- Explore new ideas and technologies to improve our methods and propose solutions to improve the user experience
- Build and drive project-specific Proof of Concepts to validate technical feasibility
- Participate in daily stand-ups, bi-weekly planning and sprint retrospectives
- Mentor interns and other software engineers to grow their technical skills
Who We Are
Rocket Companies® is a Detroit-based company made up of businesses that provide simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, now known as Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we’re a publicly traded company involved in many different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We’re insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. And we’re passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We’ve been ranked #5 on Fortune’s list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune’s Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.