The Digital Innovation Group (DIG) at Providence St. Joseph Health is a small but mighty product development and incubation team that is building next-gen tools that give patients convenient and easy access to healthcare virtually anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Android Engineer in Seattle, WA with a proven track record of developing high quality mobile apps to join our thriving culture rooted in innovation. As a key senior member of the team, you will code, design and architect the future of our platform. We want your voice as we research and develop products that transform the healthcare experience as we know it.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Work with customers, product team and UX experts to design and develop solutions to challenging problems, leading teams and mentoring more junior engineers.
- You have the flexibility to learn new things, try new technology, seek opportunities to grow, mentor & be mentored, & participate in the Mobile Dev community
- Provide thought leadership in mobile engineering and bring your passion for technology to motivate and inspire on a day to day basis.
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline.
- Do all this in a way that respects team work, diversity of opinion, and maintains our organization’s mission (Know Me, Care for Me, Ease My Way), and core values of Respect, Compassion, Justice, Excellence and Stewardship.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Kotlin, Android SDK and Java.
- Expertise in designing testable software and building large scale, complex Android applications.
- 6+ years of building commercial grade software.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrated application development, preferably live in an app store
- A solid software development foundation including competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Continuous delivery
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- A small but growing team - we’re good at what we do and enjoy working together.
- Autonomy and respect from day one
- An environment that is scrappy, flexible, and values tenacity
- Great pay
- Generous vacation, benefits, flexible work, and matched 403b
- The best tools money can buy