You are a Senior Civil or Mining Engineer who is responsible for engineering, technical support, reporting and reconciliation of production metrics at the mine site. The Senior Civil or Mining Engineer reports to the Operations Manager and works independently.
Come join our True Blue team in Edmonton today!
- Participates in engineering feasibility studies to define appropriate site development activities, mining methods, equipment selection, requirements for site facilities, capital and operating costs, optimum production rates and manpower requirements
- Participate in site technical evaluations and supports the development of estimates for tender
- Provides open pit design based on available geological information to support intermediate and long range plans
- Facilitates heap leach, water retention structures, tailings dam and dry stack engineering design review and evaluation for constructability
- Facilitates mine site development, mine and production planning, project scheduling, cost projections and reconciliation
- Responsible for implementation of project controls, production monitoring, and reporting, including but not limited to site development activities, waste dump development, stockpiles, borrow pits, tailings dam constructions and tailings deposition planning
- Ensures regulatory compliance internally and through the direction of outside consultants and contractors
- Recommends appropriate courses of action designed to eliminate potential production problems, improve site safety, environmental compliance, operational efficiencies, and costs
- May perform other related duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary education in Engineering, Civil or Mining discipline
- Designation or eligible for a Professional Engineering designation in Canada
- 7-10 years related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience with Heavy Civil, Industrial and Mining projects
- Experience in survey, open pit mine operations and supervision, drill and blast design, short term/long term planning and project management is required
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access and mine modeling software is required
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are also required
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to develop and implement new methods and techniques for operational improvement
- Ability to develop and maintain occupational hazards and approach safety proactively, promoting safe work practices in the field
- Valid passport and the ability to travel to both the US and Canada
- Site based position in Canada or the US
- In this role you will be required to work on site on a rotational shift or relocate for programs greater than 18months.
Job ID: 14733