Senior Middleware System Administrator
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Installs, investigates and resolves routine and complex matters of significance with computer software and hardware equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy. Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Oversees the installation of client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Must have skills to be considered for the role:
- Ability to obtain CGP/ITAR clearance
- Must be bilingual English and French
- UNIX Sysadmin, HP/UX 11.2x , Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or 7
- Java Web Server
- jBoss Enterprise Application server 6x
- Apache Web Server , Apache Tomcat 7x , Apache Web Server 2.4
- IIS Web Server
- Networking skills (Troubleshooting, DNS)
- F5 BigIP Admin or other load balancer technologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
- Four or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
- Experienceworking with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
- Experienceworking with software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experienceworking with file and system maintenance procedures
- Fully Bilingual, French and English
- Atlassian Confluence/JIRA Installation and Admin
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Office environment
- May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED