Our Senior Middleware Engineer is responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance ofmiddleware systems in the Employers data center facilities. This position reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure and is a key member of the Infrastructure team. The candidate will utilize independent judgement to design, develop, and deploy technical and procedural solutions associated with middleware technologies that support applications at Employers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for installing, configuring, performance tuning, debugging issues and providing day to day operational support for Middleware Technologies at Employers, including but not limited to:
- WebLogic, WebCenter, IBM WebSphere, TomEE, JBoss, IIS, .NET etc.
- IDM solutions, Oracle OIM and OAM
- Platforms: Linux and Windows
- Cloud experience with AWS, Azure, Rackspace, Oracle or other enterprise class solution providers
- Conducting performance tuning to maintain system stability
- Ensures systems are properly configured with respect to best practices, vendor configurations andEmployers security policies.
- Ensures systems and their hosted data are properly backed up and DR policies and procedures areimplemented.
- Manages and patches systems consistent with Employers change management procedures and industry best practices.
- Actively seeks out new strategies and techniques to provide Middleware services in our computing environment.
- Works closely with internal and external auditors with regards to system security, patch management, andchange management.
- Take ownership of issues and drive them to resolution performing root cause analysis where appropriate.
- Collaborate with application developers and troubleshoot issues at the middleware layer
- Collaborate with team members to implement strategies to streamline current system processes
- Help drive efficiency by identifying self-service automation opportunities
- Influences Senior Leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Other duties as assigned or as situation dictates.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience
- 10+ years of focused experience in a technical infrastructure discipline (i.e., DBA, System Administrator, Infrastructure Engineer, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in an Enterprise Engineering role supporting, designing, and evaluating architecture involving three or more of the following technologies or disciplines: Relational Databases, Distributed Operating Systems, Storage, Virtualization, Networking, Cloud infrastructure, Middleware (i.e., JBoss, Weblogic applications).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience