Investment Systems Technical Solutions supports Scotiabank by providing information about investment products available to the bank. We support functional areas such as Retail Deposits and Scotia Asset Management.
We are involved in a large number of projects each year ranging in complexity from low to high. We support a variety of technologies, mainly on the mid-tier.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Development & under the guidance of the Project Leader Development, the Senior Mid-Tier Programmer Analyst (Senior Programmer Analyst) will be responsible to play a lead role in developing and supporting medium to complex applications and must be able to interact with various teams such as Clients, Development Partners, Vendors and Testing teams.
The position requires:
• Working closely with Customers, Business Analysts, and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
• Responsibilities encompass the full Software Development Life Cycle including design, construction, testing, implementation and support of solutions that are delivered on time and within budget.
• Responsibilities may also include participation in performance monitoring, trend analysis and projection.
• Provides guidance and training to less experienced analysts and programmers.
• Interfaces with technical, operational and business client areas to resolve application, security and network/communication issues.
• Documentation of technical design, estimates, system, test and implementation plans, processes and procedures.
• Ability to multi-task projects and support activities, managing shifting priorities on a daily basis.
• Ability to lead tasks from start to finish, following through to ensure successful completion.
• Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
To join our team, you must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, and thrive on challenge.
1. Participate as a team member in ongoing projects.
2. Provide technical expertise and participate in the development of medium to complex systems, often involving emerging technologies, through to implementation.
3. Liaise with external vendors and development partners in support of activities for all project phases (planning, requirements definition, design, development and testing).
4. Perform analysis of user requirements; prepare/review design documents and test plans; participate in development, testing and support activities.
5. Assist with creating project and system artifacts as required.
6. Provide occasional rotational day-to-day support for assigned systems including after-hours support via a mobile device, and occasional onsite support of production implementations.
7. Provide technical training, and mentor junior team members, onsite and offshore contractors.
8. Participate and assist development staff in troubleshooting application system problems.
9. Maintain a diversified set of skills within the unit through continued education and by mentoring peers and team members.
10. Participate in the creation of cost estimates, project plans and status.
11. Evaluate production logs and System Service Requests of high complexity and identifies actions to be taken.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Must have a minimum of 6 years of progressive technical working experience in full-cycle mid-tier systems development.
• Must have strong technical working experience with UNIX OS (AIX preference); UNIX shell scripting; job scheduling using CA Autosys / Unicenter; Relational Databases (preference is Oracle) & Core Java.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Possess excellent analytical skills.
• Disciplined in development methodology and software development technologies and concepts (e.g., Agile and Waterfall).
• Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic environment, both individually and within a team.
• Technical working experience with batch application development is highly desirable.
• Technical working experience with RPM Technology’s software solutions and/or in the banking/financial services industry would be a strong asset.
• Familiarity with investment interfaces from product-related applications would be an asset.
• Post-secondary education in Computer Science or a related technology stream.
Requisition ID: 22209