NCI: As a Senior Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, logistics, and Technology Enterprise systems and Services (PD ALTESS). PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers and millions of users worldwide. The missions we supported is varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Capable of being proactive and working independently with minimal technical direction.
- Communicate in an effective manner.
- This position is for a MS Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Senior Administrator in a mixed and growing environment currently supporting MS Windows server 2008 R2/2012R2/2016/2019, Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2017, MS Windows 2010, VMWare 6.x. and OEL 6x-7x. This position will work with the existing team members who are responsible for SCCM and SolarWinds in three (3) environments to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers in mixed customer environment.
- This position will plan, execute and implement new system hardware and software and create and maintain team technical instructions, operating procedures and policies as needed.
- This position will need to be adept at monitoring and tuning system performance, ongoing operation of the servers, hardening of the servers and reporting of the overall security and operational status. The position will also recommend improvements to the enterprise and manage new software/hardware integrations when required while also providing utilization reports using existing tools to identify problems and corrective actions as needed The position will need excellent communication and team skills.
- This position will provide support towards the lifecycle of a mixed environment of vendor equipment in the datacenter to include firmware version control and periodic preventive maintenance.
- This position will also need to be able to recommend, demonstrate, and implement technologies to help expand, upgrade, and increase efficiencies to the current environment.
- Clearance: Department of Defense (DOD) Secret Security Clearance
- Information Assurance (IA) Certification (required on day one of employment): DOD 8570 IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP)
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification: (i.e., MCSE, Server+, CCNA, RedHat, Palo, VMware etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
- Education/Experience: BA +10 years (Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent)
- Eight or more years' experience as a Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Administrator or Engineer designing, installing, and maintaining SCCM.
- Eight or more years' experience in creating, maintaining, and documenting automation tasks such as operating system deployments, patch Deployments (both Microsoft and third party), application deployments, and custom security deployment implementations
- Three more years' experience in automating assigned tasks utilizing PowerShell
- Five or more years' experience working in an environment with complex networking solutions with senior level fundamental knowledge in networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP)
- Three or more years of Microsoft SQL query and reporting creation experience
- Five or more years' experience creating, maintaining, following Standard Operating Procedures for repeatable processes, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
- Three or more years' experience supporting Cybersecurity patch management and Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Security Requirement Guides (SRG), Risk Management Framework (RMF), Security Control Assessor-Validator (SCA-V), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRI)
- Strong interpersonal skills and willing to be a team player
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 25%