Participates in the design, development and maintenance of various Actuarial IT applications using Microsoft SQL Server and .NET (Visual Basic).
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops user requirements and related design documentation.
- Performs application development tasks including Microsoft Windows Applications, Services and Web Sites.
- Performs SQL Server development including stored procedures, functions, table/view design, complex queries, data import/export and reporting.
- Analyzes existing applications to improve efficiency and reliability
- Performs system testing and provides support during user acceptance testing
- Provides production support, problem resolution and bug fixes.
- 5+ years Microsoft .NET (Visual Basic) experience using Visual Studio. Must have thorough experience developing complex Microsoft Windows Applications, Services and Web Sites.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server experience including a thorough familiarity with SQL Management studio, SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.
- Experience with development, source control and deployment within the Team Foundation Server framework
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have a strong commitment towards the delivery of high quality products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent training/experience
- Insurance/Financial Systems background, especially Actuarial
- Data Modeling experience
- Data Warehousing experience
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance, and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.